What we do
LOVE TO LEARN is a project of Katherine Low Settlement, a vibrant community hub which has been providing services and spaces to local people and disadvantaged groups since 1924.
LOVE TO LEARN was established in 2004 (as Refugee Home School Support Project) in response to a compelling need for educational support services for refugee families living in and around Wandsworth. We provide support and advocacy enabling young people to access educational rights and opportunities, enjoy learning, and have the confidence and aspiration to fulfil their potential.
We now employ nine part-time staff and work with over 200 families. Our services include:
- Educational casework and advocacy
- Weekly club providing homework support and activities
- Learning mentors programme
- Partnership work with Wandsworth schools (workshops, training etc.)
- ESOL for Education workshops for parents
- Educational trips, residentials and holiday activities
We are currently funded by Reaching Communities (Big Lottery); Walter St John Educational Charity; Children in Need and Trust for London. We are constantly seeking further funding to support our work – if you can help or make a donation (however small) please contact us for details.
For more information about our new Learning Spaces project, click here.